Apply for your immigration health surcharge reimbursement
What you'll get
This service is designed for applicants who hold visas in the UK, to be able to make a claim to get a reimbursement for any immigration health surcharges they have paid whilst on their current visa.
Reimbursements are not paid as a single payment. They're paid in 6-month instalments, in arrears, covering the period from 31 March 2020. The reimbursement amount will be 6-months' worth of what the applicant has paid for their immigration health surcharge.
The applicant will need to reapply after every 6 months to continue getting reimbursed.
A reimbursement claim cannot be made for any period before 31 March 2020.
Who can apply
To be eligible for using this service, the applicant must be working or have previously worked in a health and social care sector job:
- for 6 months or more
- for an average of 16 hours per week
- on or after 31 March 2020
Applicants can only claim a reimbursement if they have paid a surcharge whilst on their current visa.
How to apply
To use this service, the applicant must apply. If you are using the service on behalf of an applicant, use their details. Claims made will be for a period of 6 months.
You’ll need the applicant’s:
- full name as it appears on their passport
- immigration health surcharge number
- payslips to cover each month of the 6-month period of the claim - these can be uploaded as copies using this service
- payment method that the immigration health surcharge was paid from and access to it
- dependants’ details, if applicable - you'll need their names and immigration health surcharge numbers
How we’ll reimburse you
The applicant will get their reimbursement through the same payment method they used to pay the IHS.
Making a claim takes around 30 minutes.Start now